Friday, April 27, 2012

boston, boys, and beautiful baked goods

Boston.
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have wondrous plans for the upcoming weekend. I'm super excited that my friend, Maudie, will be visiting this weekend and I have all sorts of fun plans for us. Hold on to your maternity pants, Maude, we're gonna take Rhode Island by storm!

Capitol building.
Aside from this exciting news, here are some things on my brain this week:

1. First and foremost, can we all just take a minute to appreciate the beauty that is Boston? (sigh) I made my first trip up to Boston this week and I am kicking myself for not getting up there sooner. The city is ah-may-zing. I think I'm in love. I just can't say enough good things about it. The shopping, the restaurants, the gorgeous old architecture, the beautiful parks, just...everything. 

2. I'm a dating machine lately! Remember when I said that dating pays in steak and wine? Well, it also pays in lobster, ahi tuna, sushi, and cookies from Levain Bakery in NYC. No complaints from me! I am gonna need to lock down a man, though, before my pants get too tight. Single girl problems...

3. In a related note, I am on a mission from God...to recreate Levain Bakery's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookie. This cookie is life changing. No lie. Colors are now brighter, people are friendlier, there is world peace. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration...but this cookie is still wicked good. I'm hoping to bring you a copycat recipe soon!

4. I learned two new Yiddish words this week! The first is "oy gevalt." It means "oh goodness." The second is "schmeckle." You'll have to look that one up for yourself. :) Here is your challenge for the weekend: use each of these words in a sentence. I find myself saying "oy gevalt" quite frequently now that finals are upon me. :/ Oy gevalt!

5. The cupcake below. One of my professor's brought these in to us for our last day of class this past week. They are from Sweet Cakes Bakery in Wakefield, RI. I cannot get over how CUTE they are! I might have to recreate these sometime soon...



So that's my week in a nutshell...aside from all the normal school and teaching ish. But who wants to hear about that when there are cupcakes to talk about?!?

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and don't forget your Yiddish assignment! Make "schmeckle" happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment