Tuesday, April 24, 2012

lime-coconut white chip macadamia nut cookies



Oh hey! I made you cookies...with my brand spankin' new hand mixer, too, might I add. It was a pretty dreamy experience, particularly after dealing with my $10 Wal-Mart hand mixer for a whole dang year! Good riddance, Wal-Mart hand mixer. I wish I could say we had some good times together...but mostly you just flung dough on me and my kitchen. Sooo...yeah.

One thing you should know about these cookies...this recipe makes a metric TON of cookies. Be prepared. Not that eating them will be any great pain. I took mine to class with me last week and everyone helped themselves to seconds and thirds...and fourths. So, yeah, I guess you could say they were a hit. Macadamia nuts + white chocolate chips + coconut + lime zest = magic. :)


Lime-Coconut White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled until luke warm
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
1 cup coconut (toasted or untoasted)
1 cup toasted macadamia nuts
1 1/2-2 tablespoons grated lime zest (1-2 limes)

Directions:
If you haven’t melted your butter yet, do that so it has time to cool off. Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.

Either by hand or with electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.

Add white chocolate chips, coconut, macadamia nuts, and lime zest. Mix to distribute.

Scoop cookie dough into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set around outer edges, yet centers are still soft and puffy, and appear slightly under-baked, about 9-10 minutes (all ovens are different, keep an eye on them!) Cool cookies on cookie sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.

Source: Our Best Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment