Friday, April 20, 2012

beaches and boys


I miss Kansas. I really do. But Rhode Island is growing on me. Especially on the random Tuesday afternoons when I can head down to the beach after teaching and take in views like the one above. Those days make me pretty happy to live in The Ocean State.

On a related note, my skin is on FIRE and I look like a tomato! Might have to stock up on the ol' sunblock before I take in any more beautiful beach views. Ouch.

Besides sand and sun, this week has also been filled with school projects, more grading, and long talks with good friends. However, I am making time to do a little dating as well. In fact, more than a little dating. It's become a part-time job. There's no health insurance, but the pay is steak and wine so that's pretty awesome. More jobs should pay in steak and wine, no?

Anyway, one date down. Three more scheduled for the next few days. At this rate, I will have dated every male in Rhode Island by the end of the summer....and most males in the greater Boston area by fall. But, hey, I'm a go-getter. I don't half ass things...including my dating life. Go hard or go home, people!

Hopefully I'll have some humorous anecdotes to share with you next week. In the meantime, I'll be munching on some leftover steak and frites and slathering aloe vera on my burn. How's that for weekend plans? Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment