Thursday, April 26, 2012

highlighter hype

Source: Her Campus
So...remember my little come-to-Jesus moment when I had the revelation that I LOVE all things chambray? That was a hard time for me. Chiefly because I questioned whether I should have been taking my father's fashion advice all these years after all. The man who told me I should just go buy my blue jeans at Orscheln's. The man who wears nothing buy ratty overalls when he's at home. Yes, this man probably could have foretold the chambray trend.

However, this latest trend I've stumbled onto? Dear ol' dad never would have predicted this one! In fact, I think it's safe to say that dad wouldn't be caught dead in this trend. Here it goes...lately I can't get enough of neon yellow!

It all started with the photo above. Neon yellow + stripes + navy + a beach in the background. Awesome. I'd wear that whole outfit...on a beach no less.

Source: Teen Vogue
Once I noticed that neon yellow cardigan above, I began seeing neon yellow EVERYWHERE. This shrunken yellow blazer is amazing. I might need this for work. Gorgeous. However, neon yellow is a tricky color to pull off. Ask any construction worker. They'll tell you. You have to have the right complexion. I'm pretty sure that's why some people don't go into construction. The hard hats would just wash them right out. How sad. :(

Source: Pinterest
Because neon yellow is so tricky to pull off, I'm kinda digging all the neon yellow accessories I've been seeing everywhere. Just as fun as the outfits above, but waaaay less of a commitment. Take the outfit above for example. Cute colored denim, neutral shoes and jacket, plus crazy bright statement necklace and bangle. Love! I need that necklace in my life...like immediately.

Source: Pinterest 
 Or, even better...I'll take this Celine tote. Shut the front door. Look at that thing. Gorgeous. 'Nuff said.

Source: 8th Fashion Avenue Tumblr
You know I couldn't do a fashion post without some high heels involved! My one concern with this trend is that neon yellow can tend to look cheap. I've been seeing lots of neon yellow heels lately, but I like that these are not shiny and gaudy. The suede somehow tones them down a bit. Plus, those platforms are amazing!

Source: Bohemian Angelz Tumblr
And, finally, for those not wanting to commit to neon yellow just yet...how about a $2 commitment? I've been seeing yellow nail polish everywhere and it looks so good paired with a tan. I'll be sporting this shade most of the summer, no doubt.

So, what do you think? Am I crazy? Actually, don't answer that...

1 comment:

  1. You not cray cray! I love me some neon yellow!!

    ReplyDelete