Saturday, April 7, 2012

guest post: easter decorating

Hi all! Happy Easter! My best good friend Shannon is here to guest post today. Shan loves her Easter decorations like a fat kid loves Cadbury eggs. On my most recent trip home, Shan got herself all worked up talking about her passion for Easter paraphernalia:

"All I ever wanted was a bunny statue, a basket of eggs, and another bunny statue! The thing is, it's an investment!" -Shan

Shan is clearly passionate about all things Easter...and her perfect Easter table has finally become a reality! Here's Shan! :)

Happy Easter everyone! I am so excited to be a part of Katy's guest post for the holidays! Easter is one of my favorite holidays; who doesn't love hunting for candy through wet, soggy grass?
:-) I also love Easter just for the bunnies... from chocolate bunnies to pet bunnies, I am obsessed with them all.

Easter "Tablescape"
But I thought I'd take a break from trying to find the chocolate bunny on the food pyramid and put together some Easter decorations for you! I have put together a simple Easter spread for a dining room table. I am still new to the decorating world, trying new things here and there. This is what I've found...hope you all enjoy. HAPPY EASTER!

Easter Egg Tree
White serving tray: Juliska
Colored doily: handmade from a Grandmother
Table runner: Target
Easter tree: Target (bargain aisle $2.50)
Easter Egg Nest
Easter wreath: Target (bargain aisle $2.50)
Yellow planter: Target (bargain aisle $2.50)
Jute: Hobby Lobby
Whopper candies: Walgreens
Bunny + Eggs = Investment!
My favorite (because it's an investment)
Wicker bunny basket: Pier 1 Imports
Speckled eggs: Hobby Lobby
Easter Wreath
This Easter wreath is super easy to make...
Instructions to the Peep Wreath
Egg candles: Stein Mart

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Shan!! I especially love the peeps being worked into your blog- very cool!! Sad now that Easter is over. What do we decorate for next? Hope you had a great Easter AND have a fun birthday this week!! Mama K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! It was a quick Easter, that's for sure!! Katy and I were talking about what holiday would be next and I think it's 4th of July...?? Mothers/fathers day is kinda hard to decorate for. Lol. Hope you had a great Easter too. P.s. I LOVE Katy's table decor! Especially the place mats...way cute!!

    ReplyDelete