Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Study Update: Take 2

Elizabeth Chaise
Say hello to my leetle friend. My chaise lounge was finally delivered this past Friday and I have been putting it to good use already! Ever since I moved in to this apartment, I have been wanting to make the second bedroom into a study that I would actually use. And, now that I have somewhere comfy to sit while I do homework/grade/blog/Pinterest, I have been in this room non-stop!

I also want to take a moment to point out how awesome Momma K is, as if you didn't already know. I had some fabric leftover from this fabric-covered bulletin board so I sent her the extra fabric and an existing (but ugly) pillow cover and she made me this cute pillow cover to match my blue and white color scheme.

New Pillow Cover
Now that I have a place to sit my study project is almost done. I can't wait to show you all the finished product! However, I'm stuck on one final issue. I can't seem to decide on an area rug. If you know me, you know the painstaking search I was on last summer for a living room rug. Ugh. Apparently, when it comes to area rugs, I have major commitment issues. But, living in an apartment fully outfitted in hardwood floors, tile, and linoleum, rugs are a must.

So, in an attempt to avoid my own personal area rug indecision, I have brought my issues here. Please. Help me. I need a rug intervention. Here are my current best options:

Urban Outfitters Herringbone Rug in Navy $74
I really love, love, love the herringbone pattern on this rug! It would go well with the geometric pattern on my throw pillow. At 5'x7' it's a pretty decent size. And I do adore that price tag. However, I'm worried that the color might be a bit dark.

Hand-Hooked Miff Ivory/Blue Wool Rug $79.89
This is another option I found on Overstock. At 3'9"x5'9", it's a bit smaller but not too small for the room. Again, I like the pattern on this one but a few of the product reviews noted that the colors are not as pictured online: the ivory is more of a beige and the blue is not as bright. Not cool.

Ironwork Trellis Dhurrie Rug $159
Last but not least, this option from Shades of Light is definitely my favorite. The pattern and the colors are both perfect! However, the price tag is a bit more than I was hoping to spend and at 3'6"x5'6" this one is the smallest of the three. Boo hoo.

So, there you have it. My own personal area rug hell. First world problems, no? So, I put the decision to you. Thoughts, advice, other possible options, disapproval, criticism, cash or money orders...send it all my way! :)

6 comments:

  1. My favie is the first one...bigger and cheaper!! And the colors are right...I think you could work with it. Adding pops of color...yellows, reds and Kelly green! I wouldn't worry about it being too dark.
    -man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right Man! Now that I look at them all side by side, the first one seems like such an obvious pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the last one!
    -wouldn't you like to know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number one, please and thank you! The pattern is chic and bold while the color is serious, but classic. AND the price is right. Shazam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the feedback! Also, love the name Grandma Sean! Good memories! Bahaha! Also, love your thought process on rug numero uno. Consider it done! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I am not too late, I vote for the first one, too. Thanks for the note on the pillow. Betty Badass.....

    ReplyDelete