Thursday, February 16, 2012

Envirosax

Optimistic Pouch Set $39.95
After gushing over jewelry for the past two weeks, I felt that I should show you that I do have a (slightly) more practical side. These are Envirosax reusable shopping bags and I can't' say enough good things about them. I received my set (the Optimistic set above) for Christmas from my Aunt Sue. I had been debating getting a set for a while; however, I could never decide which set I liked best. (First world problems, right?) So I left it in Aunt Sue's hands and I could not be happier with her choice...so cute!

These bags are surprisingly roomy. The website notes that each bag can hold the equivalent of two plastic shopping bags but I'd say that's a conservative estimate. Plus, the strap is long enough to fit over my shoulder, meaning less trips back and forth to the car. As an added bonus, I get compliments on my Envirosax bags every time I go grocery shopping. It always makes my day. :)

Anyway, I know these bags are a bit of an investment, but they will last you for years. The website has tons of different options but, as usual, I've done the leg work to hand-pick some of my personal favorite Envirosax products to share with you.
Cherry Lane Pouch Set $39.95
This was my other favorite set, aside from the Optimistic set. The red and white houndstooth bag is so adorable! To see close-ups of all five designs, just click on the link above.
Travel Pouch Set $24.95
Envirosax also carries a few smaller sets that include three (rather than five) reusable bags. I absolutely adore this Travel set. The three bags inside showcase popular travel destinations: New York City, Sydney, and Paris. Love these!

Hemp Bag $29.95
While most of their bags are made from waterproof polyester, Envirosax also offers a number of organic options. These bags are made from a variety of materials from hemp and linen to bamboo and organic cotton. These bags are a bit pricier, but will undoubtedly last you for ages. I particularly love the pattern and colors on the hemp bag above.

Linen Bag $29.95
Last but not least, I love the pattern on this linen bag. There are a couple other linen options featuring birds but I have to say that this one is adorable.

If you need an excuse to buy yourself a set, remember that Earth Day is coming up in April. If you need more of an excuse than that, pick up a copy of Collin Beaven's No Impact Man, it will make you never want to use a plastic bag. Ever. And if all that doesn't convince you? Look how cute they are! Duh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment