Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Study Project Update

"Before"
As I mentioned in one of my very first posts, I am in the process of decorating my study. It's been a slow process, but I'm happy to say that it is finally coming together! Although there are still a couple projects left to finish, I wanted to update you on my progress.

First things first, the lamp makeover I posted about last Friday. Thanks Shannon for the great advice! I ended up painting the lamp a gorgeous kelly green and I am sooo happy with how it turned out! The "before" picture above and the "after" is below.

"After"
I also decided to repaint an old bulletin board while I was at it. The color in the pictures looks a little lime-y, but it's really more of a true kelly green. I love the pops of color these two accessories bring to the room!

Bulletin Board Makeover
Work Station
Secondly, I'm proud to announce that I FINALLY made the trip up to Ikea to buy the Expedit bookshelf I've been coveting for months now. Yes, months. Check out the picture below. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this bookshelf. For $129, this is one sturdy bookcase. It's almost as tall as me, weighs more than me, and looks great. Well done, Ikea!

Expedit Bookshelf
I have to send a big thanks to my bookshelf building buddy. I had originally thought I might be able to tackle this project myself, but that sucker was too much for this gal. Although I take full credit for all bookshelf decoration. Only someone as anally retentive as myself, would take the time to color coordinate their books. (sigh)

Color-Coded Bookshelf
Voila! A little bit closer to a finished study. My new chaise lounge is being delivered this Friday so by next week I should have a finished product to share! Woot woot! Then, I can share my next big project with you: the reupholstery project of 2012. Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love the bookcase!! The Kelly green looks amazing as well!!! -shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Shannon. Love the green lamp!! So nice to be able to use punctuation since my phone doesn't let me. New phone on the way, hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So fun!!

      Delete