Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Raspberry Black Bean Dip

Just look at that cheesy goodness!

Something you should know about me...I'm a planner. I pick my outfit out every night for the next day. I plan my meals for a whole week the weekend ahead. My planner is rarely more than five feet away from my person. However, on Pinterest yesterday I stumbled across this recipe for Raspberry Black Bean Dip and the whole plan went out the window. Tonight, that dip happened.

I should mention that this dip is infamous at So Long Saloon in Manhattan, KS. Growing up in Kansas, I had several friends attend K-State and my sister is still currently a student there. Every trip up to visit them required a stop in at the So Long Saloon.

So Long Saloon is a master of odd combinations. Aside from this dip, my absolute favorite thing to order there is a pineapple beer. Pineapple juice?!? With beer? And PBR, no less? What is this world coming to? Perhaps pineapple beer is a sign of the apocalypse...but it is also extraordinarily delicious. I recommend making one yourself. Just mix pineapple juice with Pabst Blue Ribbon to taste. Trust me, this drink is greater than the sum of its parts.

However, pineapple beer is neither here nor there and what we're really here for today is that dip. It's a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy and a little bit cheesy. Add all those things together and it's a little bit of heaven. Served with tortilla chips, this stuff is downright addictive. Just promise me you'll make this dip happen. Soon. And, in case you need an excuse, the Superbowl is a mere four days away. Enjoy!

Raspberry Black Bean Dip

1 tbsp. oil
1 onion, diced
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 bottle Archer Farms Chipotle Raspberry Grilling Sauce (or other similar sauce)
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until caramelized.
3. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and black beans in bowl. Once mixed, spread in baking dish.
4. Once onions are caramelized, spread over cream cheese mixture.
5. Drizzle sauce over cream cheese and onions and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until melted.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.

Source: Sally Spins, inspired by So Long Saloon

No comments:

Post a Comment