Friday, March 2, 2012

Year in Review


Usually my Katy brain is filled to the brim with things like lace skirts and homemade bread and upholstery fabric. Recently, however, Momma K reminded me of an important anniversary. One year ago I received my acceptance letter to pursue my PhD in Writing and Rhetoric. It's almost overwhelming to reflect back on how much has changed in the last twelve months of my life. So I thought I'd break it down  in numbers:

1 graduate degree earned

1,543 miles moved from home

1 time zone changed

3 snowstorms survived

2 classes passed

72 students taught

181 papers graded

3 trips back to Kansas

1 new pen pal


6 first dates

25 blog posts

many bottles of wine consumed

This year has been filled with homesickness, heartache, and crazy stress but it has also been filled with exciting change, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, and a lot of growing up. I can say without question that I would never want to relive this past year. However, I wouldn't change it for the world. This past year has made me stronger, more independent, and infinitely more thankful for my wonderful family and friends. I couldn't have survived this year without them. So...thanks.

5 comments:

  1. You're so awesome!!

    -man

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome!!

    -man

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so awesome!!

    -man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Sorry I don't know how to delete those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE so awesome!!! and this isn't from Man. So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete