Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

My new Kate Spade work bag.
Happy Friday! I'm up to my eyeballs in baby shower plans today. Menus, decor, activities, favors. For a gal who knows roughly zero about baby stuff, I am definitely getting an education. Here's a fun fact: did you know that a common shower game is to melt various candy bars in diapers and then have people taste test to guess the candy bar? One word: vile. Who ever thought this would be an enjoyable game?!?

Hey! I have a great idea...let's find something that looks like baby crap and make everyone lick it! That will be gobs of fun! So enriching. Who could possibly object?

Gag.

Needless to say, this shower will have none of that rubbish. I'm hoping to share pictures first thing next week of all the food, decorations, and activities. Fingers crossed that it goes off without a hitch!

In the meantime, here are some random things on my filling my Katy-brain this week.

1. The photo above is a quick pic of my new computer bag. Ba-na-nas. I keep staring at it. It's unhealthy really how much I love this thing.

2. I am in love with the scarf below. It's perfection but I cannot figure out where it's from. Grrr. The woes of Pinterest.

This gorgeous scarf.
3. I've been on a major nail polish kick lately. Lavender, mint green, hot pink. I'm in full-on manicure mode. This, however, is hands-down the cutest manicure I've seen. This will be happening as soon as I get home from break. How could you not smile at that manicure?

Springy manicures.
4. I found these adorable cake toppers online. But $20? For a wooden skewer and some tissue paper? And that's the sale price? Let's get real. I'll DIY that biz-nass so fast it'll make your head spin. Stay tuned.

Cake toppers!
5. Finally, can we all just agree that Ben was quite possibly the worst bachelor ever? Ugh. I have been an avid Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher for several seasons. Not this season, though. No sir. I'm a fully converted Voice fanatic. Side note: I totally got goosebumps during the final match-up this week when Lamar sang "I Want to Know What Love Is." Seriously amazing.

Fact.
Well, that's it folks. Have a great weekend! If you're coming to the shower, I can't wait to see you...no diaper-licking involved! Otherwise, next week I'll be back, posting from Rhode Island once again. In the meantime, enjoy your days off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment