Thursday, March 1, 2012

In Your Face Lace

Lace + Chambray = Perfection (Source: Freckles and Ivory)
My blog is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get. Sugary goodies, area rugs, and lace, oh my! I suppose it matches my somewhat scattered brain. So after a week of home decor and home-baked deliciousness, I'm back with some more thoughts on fashion.

This week's post was inspired by the photo above. I happened to run across this picture during last week's chambray hunt. As soon as I saw it, I knew that a lace post would be happening soon...and here we are! What a great story, huh?

Anyway, the picture above is, in the words of the great Rachel Zoe, ba-na-nas. An over-sized button down plus a gorgeous ivory lace skirt. I'd pair this with flats or sandals for work or with a pair of sky-high heels and some bling for dinner and drinks. Love!

Source: Pinterest
I'm freaking out over this hot pink version. The color and the short hem line make it perfect for girls night out. So sexy!

Source: Pinterest
This black lace skirt is a bit more work appropriate and ladylike. I'm loving the classic color and length. It's like your traditional pencil skirt only so much better!

Source: Coeur de Caramel
What began at lace skirts quickly spiraled into a full-on lace addiction. Enter lace tops. I'm dying over this one with sequins at the him. Paired with light pink denim this is such a springy outfit!

Source: Esther Boutique
At first glance, this lace tank top looks rather scandalous with its open pattern. One wrong move and you've bared everything! However, layered over a cami either in nude or a contrasting color, this tank would look perfect with distressed denim capris and wedges for the summer months.

Source: Farm 8
This may be my favorite lace top. Love the keyhole back and the scalloped edges. This would be perfect with dress pants for work or with denim for the weekend. I'd also love this top layered under a black blazer until it warms up a bit. So versatile!

Source: Shopbop
Speaking of blazers...smooth transition, huh? :) In all honesty, it took me a while to come over to the world of blazers. For a long time I thought they looked too old and "mom-ish" for my taste. However, these days I am always on the hunt for a good blazer. My black blazer is my go-to, but a lace blazer would be so fun and girly to mix things up every once in a while.

Source: Natalie Off Duty
Allright, folks. I've been singing the lace praises this whole post. Lace shorts, however, I'm still up in the air about. The ivory shorts above have me almost convinced that I love them. Yet, for every pair of lace shorts I love, there are ten that look cheap, awkward, and unflattering. Not sure this booty could pull it off.

Source: We Heart It
Another example of well-done lace shorts. The key is finding a pair that isn't too tight. The fit on these is perfect, as is the color. So ladylike. :)

Source: Toms
Last but certainly not least...these aren't technically lace, they are crocheted. I've been lusting after these Tom's foreva! I'm always on the hunt for good white shoes and I've come to a conclusion...most white shoes are TACKY! These, however, are perfection. Comfortable, cute, versatile. These shoes would be perfect with jeans, shorts, skirts, everything. These will be mine before summer. Mark my words.

Sooo, what do you think? Lace skirts, lace tops, lace shorts, lace shoes. Are you feeling the lace trend these days?

1 comment:

  1. I believe Kimber has the lace toms. Cute!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete