Tuesday, March 27, 2012

summer wedges

Source: My Theresa
Lately I've been absolutely drowning in work. Between my own schoolwork, the two courses I teach, and an upcoming conference presentation, I've been just treading water fast enough to keep my little ol' head above water. Two things have been helping me maintain something resembling sanity during such crazy times:
1. The knowledge that this is my second to last year of classes! Ever! Ever, ever, ever! A whole year may sound like a lot to some, but after seven years of college classes, having only ONE year left is like a dream come true. I. Can. Do. This.

2. Dreams of summer. As a new resident of the Baby State, I have been daydreaming of this summer for months now. Trekking down to the beach each morning to work on my tan and watch the surfers do their thang. Going for dinner and drinks in Newport on warm summer nights. Road tripping to Boston, DC, Philly, and any other place that sounds good to be a full-on tourist. And the clothes...maxi dresses, breezy tops, and summery wedges.

These are the things that have been keeping me sane. So, let's talk shoes! These are some of the summery shoes aiding in my sanity. First, I am obsessing over the wedges above. Love the hot pink straps and the zig-zag wedge pattern. So fun! Too bad they're slightly out of my TA budget at $800+. Yikes!

Source: Pinterest
These Tory Burch wedges may be my favorite of the post. If a New England summer could be transformed into a shoe, this would be it. That bright orange-red color plus the nautical rope look is perfection!
Source: DSW
These wedges are definitely the most understated of the bunch, but they are so versatile! They'd go with almost any outfit. Pair them with capris and a casual cami for everyday wear or with a bright dress for a summer wedding. Plus, they're totally affordable. Double score!

Source: Lulu's
Now these babies, on the other hand, are not so versatile. These are some statement-making shoes perfect for a summer night on the town. I'd rock these babies with white skinny jeans and a neon top...cause I'm crazy like that. :)
Source: Jessica Simpson
Are these not the preppiest heels you've ever seen? I'm obsessed with white and navy blue, especially in the summer, so these would be the perfect addition to my wardrobe. Plus, these suckers would make me like seven feet tall. And that'd be pretty neat. :)
Source: Saks Fifth Avenue
My philosophy when it comes to heels is typically something like "the taller the better." However, these Kate Spade wedges caught my eye because they'd be perfect for work. The low heel is practical enough to be comfortable walking around campus, while the gold braiding makes them cute enough for a date night. I'd get some serious use out of these babies.
Source: Kate Spade
These wedges were a last minute addition to this post. I happened across them on Pinterest and immediately fell for the technicolor espadrille wedge coupled with the high platform. These would liven up even the most boring jeans and a tank outfit. So adorable.

So, you've seen my summer dreams. Are you looking forward to any summer trends? Are you just trying to make it through the rest of the semester? Only about a month left! We can do it!

1 comment:

  1. These are all so cute and I do believe I am in need of some new summer shoes, but don't think Mamma K can pull these babies off!! Alas, will have to check out the Natualizers. Bet they are not as much fun.

    ReplyDelete