Thursday, March 29, 2012

strong is the new skinny


I post a LOT about butter and sugar here. Busted. I do love me some baked goods. However, I have another hobby that I don't post about quite so often...working out. Yes, I do realize the irony here. My hobbies basically cancel one another out. These two hobbies create a delicately-balanced equilibrium, constantly negotiating the middle place between Mrs. Claus and Madonna's arms. Okay, honestly, I'm nowhere near either of those extremes...and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've gone through several workout phases over the years. For several years, I was a die-hard Pilates advocate. Every day, an hour a day. Never fail. But sometimes a girl just wants to get her sweat on. Then, I went through a gym phase, clocking hours every day between the cardio room and the weight machines. But, seriously, gyms are not my thang, for three reasons. Creepers, cost, and who has the time??? Next came a phase of workout DVD's. I spent a few months ogling Sean T during my Insanity phase and then I moved on to Jillian Michael's 30-Day Blast. But, doing the same workout every day? Boring!

So, I'm on to my newest obsession. Bodyrock.tv. This site is completely free and posts new workout videos every day, Monday through Friday. I can do the workouts in my own apartment (Fun Fact: I do my workouts in my kitchen because it's the biggest room in my apartment!). And most don't require any special equipment. Plus, these high intensity workouts are usually between 12-20 minutes. Perfect for a busy schedule!

BODYROCK.tv
Okay, I sound like a spokeswoman but I honestly just love this website. I'm a definite convert. I've been "body rocking" for about three months now and these workouts still kill me every day. Love!

While I'm on my fitness soapbox, I'm also going to put in a plug for The Color Run. It's a 5k run with a twist. Color Explosion! Check out the website link above to see what I mean. :) The run has locations all over the US throughout the year and proceeds to go a different charity in each city. Some friends and I just signed up for the run in Tulsa this June and I am SOOO excited!

The Color Run
Okay, that's my healthy post for the month. Hope this inspires you to get yo' sweat on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment