Monday, March 12, 2012

Heathy Cookies


Heathy Cookies
This recipe first came across my reader a little over a month ago and, as I quickly scanned the title, I thought to myself, "HEALTHY cookies?!? Who in the world wants HEALTHY cookies???" When I want something healthy, I'll eat some spinach. When I want a cookie? I want a serious cookie.

However, as I began to scan the post, I quickly realized that these cookies were, in fact, NOT healthy, but Heathy...as in filled to the brim with chocolate covered Heath toffee bits. Now we're talking!


I whipped these up for a "girl's night in" this past weekend and, between four of us, we made a shameful dent in the batch. Some people may have had three or four...after already dominating some Chinese takeout. And by some people, I mean all of us. Peer pressure's a bitch. In fact, as I type this now, there is one lone cookie calling to me from the cookie jar. I better go put it out of its misery. Make these soon...they may not be healthy, but they are most certainly deliciously Heathy. Enjoy!

Heathy Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/3 cup (8 oz bag) Heath Toffee Bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix flour, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.

In another bowl, cream butter, dark brown sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Stir in toffee bits, reserving some to dip tops of cookies.

Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. Chill for a few minutes to make it easier to roll or use a small cookie scoop.

Dip tops of cookies in toffee bits and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.

Bake about 10 minutes. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool.

Yield: 30 2-inch cookies.
Source: Bakerella

No comments:

Post a Comment