Friday, July 6, 2012

reupholstery: take two

the green monster
I said it would be a cold day in hell before I attempted reupholstery again. Well, guess what folks, the weather in hell must be cooler than Kansas because I've volunteered to assist my friend, Renee, with a new reupholstery project. I couldn't help myself. I somehow suppressed those memories of long nights pulling staples and volunteered myself as Renee's reupholstery life coach.

Oh, Katy, will you ever learn?

We found the above chair flea marketing the other day and absolutely loved the unique shape. The green crushed velvet? Not so much. I'm intrigued by this period of time when people felt that crushed velvet was the premier fabric choice for upholstery projects. I'm guessing that time probably coincided with a spike in hallucinogen drug sales. But that's just speculation.

Anyway, Renee and I have chatted about the end goal for this chair. She really wants a bright, fun print like the images below. We've also discussed painting the wood legs (which are in pretty rough condition) a nice, clean white color.

source: pinterest
source: absolutely beautiful things
source: graham and green 
source: kelly green interiors

I'm definitely pumped to see the final result. Considerably less pumped for the amount of work ahead for Renee and I. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment