Tuesday, July 10, 2012

fat elvis ice cream


I brought you something more seasonally appropriate today. But first, The Bachelorette? Let's talk about it. Specifically, "the rose heard 'round the world." Did you hear it too? The audible gasps and shouts of "what the eff?!?" that arose from women across the country when Emily chose Arie for the final rose. And then the subsequent mad dash as single women everywhere raced to their computers to sign up for the next season of The Bachelor in the desperate hope that Sean might be that guy.

If you've been around the ol' blog throughout this season, you know that I am an avid Sean fan...and an equally (if not more so) Arie disliker. Thus, I absolutely joined in with the chorus of stupefied women who watched Emily kick Sean to the curb. As usual, I have a few theories on this shocking turn of events.

Theory #1: The crack team of producers for The Bachelor already determined that Sean would make for the ultimate Bachelor and forced Emily to kick him off now. So sad for Emily but she's better off with Jef anyway.

Theory #2: Arie is an alien life form and his disgusting face-eating kisses are not kisses at all but, in fact, a very highly advanced form of mind control. Yes, this scenario is rather unlikely but I want to explore all possible options here.

Theory #3: Emily already knows that Jef is her dream guy and just needed to fill a spot for the finale. She clearly loves her face-sucking time with Arie so she kept him around for the fun of it. Whatevs, I won't hate on that.

Again, I'm just exploring all possible avenues here. Because clearly Emily, of her own free will, did not choose Arie over Sean. My Katy brain cannot comprehend such nonsense. Either way, though, I'm just happy that Jef is still in the game. Team Jef!


Okay, on to food! As you may or may not know, July is National Ice Cream Month! Yayayay! Ice cream just so happens to be one of my greatest weaknesses so I guess you could say that I really love July. :)

Today I bring you Fat Elvis ice cream. An ingenious combination of banana, peanut butter, chocolate fudge, and peanut butter cups. Is it possible to even imagine a more delicious ice cream??? Not in my brain! Head over to Oh My Veggies for the full recipe. And hurry! We're already ten days in to the month so we have some lost time to make up!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment