Friday, July 27, 2012

having fun


Gotta love this quote. Hemingway really knew his shiz. I realized today that my time in Kansas-land is drawing to a close. I have barely a week and a half left here with my friends and family. It's bittersweet, leaving everyone I love but I am also looking forward to a month left of my summer in Rhode Island. Plenty of time for some sand, sun, and plenty of boozy drinks before I have to transition back into school mode. I've been focusing on making the most of these last several days in Kansas and basically having a buttload of fun. Yes, buttload is a technical term. Some things I've done for fun this week...

1. Momma K made these White Chicken Enchiladas from Pinterest earlier this week and we had a little dinner fiesta. I've been eating the leftovers for every meal. Delish!

2. I've been reading this book. It's part of the common reading program at URI this year so it's not entirely for fun but I have to say that I'm really enjoying this book. It's inspiring, real, and heart-wrenching. If you're looking for a book that's a little more substantial than 50 Shades, I'd suggest this one.

3. Look at this picture. Just look at it. Disgusting. Posey cat is so cute I could just die right now. I'm afraid I've been taking a ridiculous amount of cat pictures lately. Whatevs, don't judge.


4. I'm officially obsessed with The Mentalist. Like, spent-a-whole-day-watching-a-marathon-obsessed. I wish I could read people like Patrick Jane. Also, I would like to find a man who can rock a vest with such swagger. (sigh)

5. Can we all just agree that this season of Project Runway has an ah-may-zing group of contestants? I was so impressed with last night's candy challenge. I would without question wear that stained glass rock candy dress. Gorgeous!

6. I've been baking up a storm these last few days! Stay tuned for the most ultimate chocolate chip cookies ever. Ever, ever, ever? EVER! Also, salted caramel brownies and nutella-filled muffins. Have I got your attention yet?

7. This weekend is going to be filled with BBQ's, girl time, and shopping. And I cannot wait.

Hope you all have some great weekend plans ahead! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment