Wednesday, August 29, 2012

wardrobe staple: navy blazers

source: j.crew
I've had blazers on the brain lately. But not just any blazer. A polished navy blazer, fitted and preppy with statement-making gold buttons. A blazer I could wear from now 'til winter. With a pencil skirt, pretty blouse, and low heels for teaching. With white denim and wedges for a fall date night. With boyfriend jeans and a simple white top for a shopping trip or lunch on the weekend. Yes, my brain has been singly focused on my blazer obsession.

So, in anxious anticipation for autumn, I made my first fall fashion purchase of the year. I finally found my dream blazer. (see blazer above) Not only that, I found my dream blazer marked down for final sale at j.crew. And, the cherry on top? They were having an additional 30% off final sale items. It was like the heavens opened up whilst cherubs played harps and danced on rainbows. Well, okay, that might be an exaggeration. It was just a really exciting coincidence.

I just got said blazer in the mail today and it fits perfectly. I had hesitated between ordering the small and medium because I knew I'd want to wear it over layers this fall. However, I ended up going with the small and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't want it any bigger. The material on this one is not your typical blazer material. It's a cotton blend that's still fairly sturdy, yet more comfortable than traditional suiting. All in all, I'm a happy girl. And the blazer is still available! Although it's no longer 30% off. :( Nevertheless, I still recommend it if you're in the market for a versatile fall jacket.

Here's a sneak peak at some of my navy blazer outfit inspiration. I'm hoping to recreate these outfits as soon as the temperature dips low enough.

source: lady addict
The perfect weekend look with a white tee and denim. Love that bag, too!

source: la doce vita
White denim and a chambray shirt. There are few things better in life. Add a navy blazer and you're set.

source: people
Love that blazer paired with green denim and leopard print smoking loafers. I need it all immediately!

source: pinterest
I'm pretty sure I've posted this photo before, but this outfit is just so perfect in so many ways. The blazer, the pale pink denim, the sky high heels, the stripes. I die.

source: luxe + lillies
This is basically prep at it's finest. Navy blazer, chambray shirt, orange denim, leather accessories. Bring it on.

source: pink peonies
Last but certainly not least, navy and hot pink. Such a perfect color combo. I'm planning on pairing my new blazer with my favorite hot pink pencil skirt and leopard print low heels for a fun teaching outfit.

Now if only the temperature would drop. Just ten degrees. That's all I ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment