Friday, August 24, 2012

kate takes cape cod


Ask me what I'm doing this weekend. Go on, ask me. Okay, fine, I'll tell you. I'm just heading out to the cape for the weekend. No big deal.*

*I'm actually freakishly excited for my first trip out to the cape. Also, feeling super cool that I now know that New Englanders refer to Cape Cod as "the cape." I mean, I'm practically one of them now, right???

So anyway, I am most likely en route to the cape as you read this Friday post and I can now tell you that I have been agonizing for the past 24 hours about what to pack for a weekend in Cape Cod. I mean, I'm having visions of preptastic outfits fit for a magazine spread. Nautical stripes, colored chinos, boat shoes and fedoras by day and wedges, layers, and gold jewels by night.

I'm also having related visions of meeting a young, single Ryan Gosling look-alike who owns a summer cottage on the cape and works as a college professor but comes from the Vanderbilt family or maybe is a Kennedy and just so happens to be looking for the love of his life (aka ME)...but that's neither here nor there.

Reality? Well, reality will most likely be less than picture perfect. Swimsuits and cover-ups all day and a hastily thrown on sundress for a night out. And probably no Ryan Gosling look-alike. And that's fine, too. I really couldn't care either way because no matter what, I'm sure I'll have a blast beaching, boating, and boozing to my little heart's content. The perfect end to a wonderful summer.

Anyway, in lieu of my standard Friday post, I thought I'd share some of my outfit inspiration for my weekend getaway.

source: atlantic-pacific

source: padgett hoke

source: her campus
source: polyvore
source: love maegan
source: east coasting it
Whoops! How did that one get in there? Looks strangely like a Vanderbilt/Kennedy college professor who owns a cottage at the cape...weird. Anyway, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment