Wednesday, August 15, 2012

happy birthday dad



First things first, happy birthday Dad! Because of school and sorority and life, I think I've missed more than I've made of dad's birthdays these past several years. This year is no different. Back in lil' Rhody but celebrating from afar. Before I left, though, I did my daughterly duty and made him his "burfday" cake of choice.

As usual, I asked him what type of cake he wanted. Anything at all, and the man chose a Watergate Cake. Watergate Cake. It's one of those old recipes you find in an ancient church lady cookbook sandwiched between recipes for Icebox Cake and Funeral Potatoes. For those of you not familiar with this type of cake, it is made primarily with a white cake mix and pistachio instant pudding. Throw in some coconut and pecans and you're good to go. But, the birthday man wanted a Watergate Cake and so a Watergate Cake I made.

Unfortunately, in the bustle of heading back to Rhode Island, I forgot to photograph said Watergate Cake. So, instead, you can find the recipe here at Shugary Sweets. The recipe looks almost identical to the one I used. So if you find yourself craving some pistachio coconut deliciousness, you are in luck.

Happy "Burfday" Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment