Friday, August 31, 2012

farewell summa time

source: flickr
Happy Labor Day weekend! The last weekend of summer. A weekend to LIVE BIG! Some thoughts on this holiday weekend...

1. Today is the last day of August. What?!? When did this happen? It was, like, June and then I sneezed and tomorrow is August 31st. Boo.

2. But, on the other hand, that means fall is just around the corner! And you know what that means...boots, sweaters, apple pie, haunted hay rides, layers, pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, fires on cool nights, picking pumpkins, chili and cornbread. Need I say more?

3. Oh, and my birthday. Duh.


4. My new clutch from the Kate Spade sample sale I mentioned last week. The picture can't even do it justice. I. Am. In. Love.

5. School starts next week. Thus, I'm up to my ears in American literature. Lecture notes, handouts, assignment sheets, gradebooks. I'm thinking someone is in need of some new school supplies! (BTW, that someone is me.)

6. Thought Catalog. Have you seen this website yet? Some amazing pieces. Some funny, some serious, some sad, some sarcastic. I'm obsessed. Trying to figure out how to work this site into my teaching. Hmm...



7. Somebody made me stuffies! For those of you Midwesterners out there, these are stuffed quahogs. Still nothing? A mixture of clams, chorizo, breadcrumbs, Worchestershire, and lots of spices...all stuffed into a clam shell and baked. I wish you could taste this through the screen. Sooo delicious.

8. Project Runway. We haven't chatted about it recently. Mostly because I'm still not sure what I think about some of the contestants. The ones I loved? They annoy me now. The ones I loathed? They're growing on me. I'll update you when I work out my complex feelings. Promise.

9. There's a new fro-yo place ten minutes south of me. There's also a new fro-yo place five minutes north of me...on campus. Mark my words. This. Is. Trouble.

10. Know this...I WILL be wearing white after Labor Day. Judge if you must. It's a dumb rule. There, I've said it.

Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment