Friday, May 4, 2012

a tour of new england


Brunch al fresco.
So last weekend my good friend, Maudie, flew in from Kansas. She was only here 48 hours but we covered some serious ground in that time! I thought it might be fun to show you some of the sights from out weekend adventures. If anyone else is hankering for a tour of New England, let me know...I'm available for individual and group tours throughout the summer. ;)
Holy cannoli! I got a Florentine and a Peanut Butter. Both were amazing.
After lunch, our first stop was the North End to get some cannoli. Mike's Pastry has some wicked good cannoli. The one on the left is the Florentine and the one on the right is the Peanut Butter. Both were amazing! In fact, I wish I had some cannoli right now...

Boston gardens. So pretty!
We tried to walk off all our brunch by strolling down to Boston gardens and Boston common. This picture and the one below are taken in Boston gardens. It's such a gorgeous park right smack dab in the middle of downtown Boston.

Swan boats at Boston gardens.
Gorgeous old buildings everywhere.
After we'd seen the gardens, we spent some time walking through the neighborhoods nearby. There is so much gorgeous old architecture. Every building has so much character and I love that they are all covered in ivy. It just looks so quaint.

I want to move here. So picturesque.
New life goal: live in this building. I mean, how perfect is this little place with its red door and ivy and brick? (sigh) A girl can dream...

Cliff walk in Newport.
The next day, Maudie and I ventured to southern Rhode Island. We started the day at Narragansett Beach and then headed over to Newport to do the cliff walk (above), tour one of the old Vanderbilt mansions, and do a little shopping. Such a great weekend!

Rowdey's crab hat!
This last picture is NOT of New England, but it's too cute not to include. Maudie bought her son this little crab hat while we were strolling through Boston common. I died when she sent this picture. It absolutely made my day.

So I'll leave you with that. Have a great weekend. Live it up Cinco de Mayo style. Or live it up Kentucky Derby style. Or do both. Whatevs. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment