Thursday, May 10, 2012

pasta with mascarpone and roasted grape tomatoes


Oh, hey there. Good morning all. I apologize for the belated post today. What I'd like to tell you is that I have just been dominating some of my papers. I'd tell you about how I was so in the zone that I didn't eat or sleep or watch any HGTV. But, alas, these would be lies.

The truth? The truth is that I'm a silly girl who sometimes decides to drive up to Boston during finals week in the pouring rain. It just seemed like such a good idea. So, paper writing came to a halt and grading was put off for another day. Instead, I trekked up I-95, risking life and limb. And for what? I'll tell you what. Some homemade mac and cheese that rocked my world. Like, seriously rocked my world. I can't even talk about it right now. It brings a tear to my eye. (sigh)

So, yeah, after bragging about the amazing mac and cheese, I bring you...not the amazing mac and cheese. Rather, this pasta dish is a conglomeration of Katy's fridge finds. But it was delicious none the less. But, then again, anything with roasted tomatoes and mascarpone is okay in my book. Plus, bonus, I got to use chives from my herb garden! Yes, it's still alive...and thriving might I add! Go go Gardener Kate!

Anyway, maybe I'll try to wrangle that amazing mac and cheese recipe for y'all...I'll keep you posted. :)


Pasta with Mascarpone and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

Ingredients:
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
4 cloves garlic, peeled
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
olive oil
1 lb pasta shapes, such as shells
1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
1/4 cup minced fresh chives

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.

Toss the tomatoes and garlic with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet, and roast until slightly plumped, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time. Remove the garlic cloves and mince.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water, until just shy of al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta. Transfer to a large bowl.

Mix the pasta with the mascarpone, stirring until melted. Add the cooking water, a little at a time, until the sauce looks thinned but not watery. Stir in the wine, red pepper flakes, garlic, tomatoes, half the Parmesan cheese, 3 Tbs of the chives, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.

Lightly grease 6 individual gratin dishes, or a 9x13 baking dish. Divide the pasta evenly among the dishes, then top with the remaining Parmesan.

Bake 15-20 minutes, until the pasta is golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve.

Serves 6
Source: Pink Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment