Wednesday, May 9, 2012

nail polish trend: accent nails


With all the typing I've been doing lately, I am desperately in need of a manicure. I keep seeing manicures with accent nails and I am thinking I may need to make this happen after finals are over. I've done the clear glitter coat over my ring finger nail before, but that's about as wild as I've gotten with the ol' accent nail trend. Pretty weak. I plan to rectify that soon!

I suppose I've ordered the pictures in this post from least to most crazy. Pale pink with a bit of sparkle? Totally do-able. Metallic stripes and/or matte nails? A wee bit more challenging/daring. Full on glitter chunks plus bright aqua nails? I'll have to work my way up to that one.




What do you think? Do-able? I think yes. I'm especially loving the second from last with the gorgeous pink color and a medium glitter polish. That pink is perfect! If any of you do a manicure with an accent nail, send me pictures!

I'll be back tomorrow with a pasta recipe. As finals week drags on, I am avoiding grocery shopping at all costs. Dinner last night involved a whole lotta back o' the fridge finds. And guess what? It was awesome! Tomorrow I'll show you the results of that experiment...

No comments:

Post a Comment