Friday, June 8, 2012

moving day

source: aesthetic approach
It's moving day in Katy world and the photo above perfectly captures what I anticipate it will look like. Minus the hunky man in plaid and the knee socks...but you get the idea. I'm having trouble dealing with the sheer quantity of books I own. How did this happen? When? How is it possible that I have amassed a metric ton o' books in the last few years of life? How much did I spend on said books? I can't even think about those questions right now. I just have to accept that I have an addiction and move onto the next step of the program. (sigh)

Another addiction? Clothes...and shoes...and cookbooks...and purses. I'm realizing exactly how many "things" I own. It's frightening. I briefly contemplated giving it all away and living out of a tent like the guys on Dual Survival. I'd be more like the SWAT team guy than the hippie guy because I would insist on wearing shoes and having appropriate gear to face the elements. Also, the hippie guy eats crazy bugs and says non-sensical stuff and, well, just watch this video. The SWAT team guy knows better than all that craziness. So, yeah, I'd be that guy. But then I remembered that I'd have to sleep outside and not have a straightener or mascara so that kinda put a halt to that plan.

So I guess I'll just keep all my stuff and live inside and not be the SWAT team guy...but I always have that as a Plan B.

Next week I'll post some pics of the new place as I get settled. Until then, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Happy Friday!

1 comment: