Tuesday, June 26, 2012

i'm a barbie girl


source: kate spade
I'm not sure if it's the knowledge that summer is in full swing or my inner tween emerging or maybe I'm regressing to my childhood days of Barbie and Ken...but I suddenly have a freakish obsession with all things hot pink. Like, if I were as cool as Rachel Zoe, I'd say that I am having a "pink moment." But, alas, I am not that cool. I am just really, really ridiculously obsessed with pink right now. It's becoming a problem.

Case in point: the other day I went shopping at this amazing outlet mall. Only when I returned home did I realize that four of my five purchases were hot pink. That's right. 80% hot pink!!! I'm pretty sure that anything over 50% is enough to qualify me for an official addiction. I'm in, like, the danger zone, I'm pretty sure. But, whatevs. It's just so pretty!

So today I have a smorgasbord of pink for you lovely folk. It's my weak attempt to convince you that you should also go out and buy an inordinate amount of pink merchandise. First things first, let's start from the top. My first pink purchase was an amazing hot pink Kate Spade cocktail ring. It's currently on  sale at the website (hint hint). But basically everything Kate Spade does is genius. Like those studs above for instance. Gorgeous!
source: balenciaga
Okay, do I even need to say anything about this bag from Balenciaga? I haven't bought a hot pink bag yet, but I think that might be the next step in my addiction. This one is so tempting. The perfect size and shape and so fun for summer. (sigh)

source: celine
 This Celine bag would also be the perfect summer bag. The cross body strap would make it perfect for a long day of shopping or a concert. So presh!

source: pinterest
 So aside from my ring purchase, I also bought hot pink shorts, a hot pink sweater and hot pink Sperrys. Basically, I could dress in head to toe hot pink if I so desired...and I'm not gonna rule that out just yet. In the meantime, here is some additional hot pink clothing that is currently tempting me. Love that tank for summa time. Hot pink works so well with denim and white denim. Love!

source: pinterest
 Or maybe, instead of donning head to toe pink, I could just go for a dress. Much easier and probably more socially acceptable. I'll take this one!

source: pinterest
Finally, a more work appropriate look for those of you with real jobs. :) Love this skirt paired with black and white. Perfection.

I'm also currently obsessed with hot pink nail polish. This addiction is beginning to take over my whole life. If this blog ever suddenly becomes hot pink with pink font, please call the authorities. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment