Thursday, June 7, 2012

hair-do to-do list

source: pinterest
I realized that I haven't done a Favorite Things post in a looong, long while. So, today is a surprise Favorite Things post dedicated to...(drumroll, please)...none other than pre-natal vitamins! Yeah, that's right, the vitamins for preggo ladies. But you know who else those vitamins are for? ME! Not because I'm preggo or wish to be preggo but, rather, because I want long, pretty hair! Don't you?

So here's the dealio, I think that everyone should switch out their regular multi-vitamin for a pre-natal multivitamin. The only difference is that there is more of the good stuff packed into the pre-natal variety. That extra good stuff will help your hair and nails grow faster and look healthier!

There is one negative side effect, though. You might scare the bejeezus out of your mother and/or boyfriend if they happen to stumble across your bottle of pre-natal vitamins. I've learned these things the hard way. That's not a fun conversation. Trust.

Anywho, so now that my hair is getting quite long, I've been on the hunt for some fun, summery hair do's. I've scoured Pinterest and compiled a list of must-try styles for the summer months (and maybe beyond). Starting from the top, I love so many things about this style. I love the look of a braid mixed into an updo. Love that the bun is placed to the side. Love the messiness. I just need a wedding or party to go to this summer and I'm making this happen!


source: more design please
Okay, this one makes me a wee bit nervous. This girl looks so stinkin' cute in her hair wrap...like a retro pin-up girl meets boho chic? I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm not sure I can pull it off but I'm gonna give it my best shot. I think the key here is the side-swept bangs. Without those, this would just look weird.

source: 3 pink dots
I've been obsessing over this look for months now. I did my sister's hair in a sock bun for a Christmas party back in December and my hair is juuust alllmost reaching the length where I could pull this off. Love it!

source: a {little} dash of ash
Perhaps I love top knots because I've secretly always wanted to be a ballerina. Just a theory. Either way, I love this look because it's so versatile. This would look amazing for a night out but it would also work for a day by the pool. I could also see this working in combination with a sock bun...it'd just be a XXL super top knot!

source: brunch at saks
Last but not least, is there anything better than a messy bun? This is obviously the easiest of the bunch to pull off because the messier it is, the better! I feel as though I may need to invest in more bobby pins ASAP!

So there you have it, my Hair-Do To-Do list...all thanks to pre-natal vitamins. Okay, I'm off to finish packing up my apartment. Moving day is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment