Friday, October 26, 2012

midterms, giants, and "frankenstorm"


I feel like it's been a month of Sundays since I've posted here last! Which is to say...a really long time, guys. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my neglect but I had to do it for my own sanity. That's all. I still love you SOOOO much. :)

So here's what I've been busy thinking about this past week:

1. First, sooo look at the tree up there that exists right outside my window. That is all.

2. Midterms. Ugh. In two days I composed 10 pages on the pedagogical and theoretical utility of life writing in the composition classroom and 12 pages on the role of Geraldine Ferraro in the 1984 presidential election through a constructivist gender theory framework. (deep breath) It's a mouthful, I know. Thus my silence here.

3. Giants. Specifically of the San Francisco variety. All the way to the series despite all odds! And then dominating the first games...like a boss. Natch.

4. Ohmygoodness, do you guys realize Halloween is like practically here? Sheesh! I haven't even planned out my costume! Actually, in reality I probably won't even need a costume because A: I have class on Wednesday evening and B: Hurricane Sandy is set to hit us on Wednesday. I know, right? The timing is ridic. The media are calling it a "Frankenstorm," which, naturally, I LOVE. So, yeah, probably just gonna go as an exhausted graduate student. Sooo original.


5. Ugh, Bella cat. She's too beautiful for words. I sent this pic to my best good friend Shan and she said Bella looks like the cat on Shrek. Fact. Also, she loves Mellowcreme Pumpkins like I do. Legit.

6. Have you guys seen this? Because it's basically epic. Tom Hanks. Full House. Slam poetry. 'Nuff said.

7. Who's had enough Presidential debates!?! This girl. I can't watch any more. Just bring on the election. Let's do this thang and get it over with. Am I right?

source: skreened
8. I NEED this shirt. Immediately.

9. On a more serious note, have you seen this video from earlier this year? It is seriously disturbing. I am already creating hypothetical emergency plans in my mind to deal with just such a situation. People be crazy.

10. Yes, yes, and yes to each and every one of these.

Have a great weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment