Thursday, October 4, 2012

drinking pumpkin pie

shipyard pumpkinhead ale
So it's fall and I know I'm all "pumpkin EVERYTHING," but I've got another pumpkin-themed post for you. This one is even man-friendly. Okay, ready for this? Pumpkin beer. But not just pumpkin beer. Because we all know about pumpkin beer, right?

Here's the thing. Lately, when I order a pumpkin beer at a bar or restaurant, they serve it with cinnamon sugar around the rim. Yes, you heard that right. Pumpkin beer with cinnamon sugar on the rim! Perhaps only the greatest invention since the Interwebs. I mean, right?

shipyard pumpkinhead ale + cinnamon sugar
So, after ordering several of these magnificent beers in various restaurants and pubs lately, I finally decided to recreate them for myself. Luckily, I happened to have a container of cinnamon sugar on hand, but if you don't just mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar and call it a day. So here's the ridiculously easy directions.

Step 1: Wet the rim of a glass with a slice of orange.
Step 2: Dip said rim into cinnamon sugar mixture.
Step 3: Pour in pumpkin beer.
Step 4: Drink.

Seriously, the cinnamon sugar makes all the difference. I kid you not. Tastes like a dang pumpkin pie walked into a brewery...in the best possible way. Now go make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment