Thursday, October 18, 2012

diy: spiderweb pumpkin


Last weekend the roomie and I hit up a pumpkin patch. It was basically the cutest thing I've ever seen, complete with fresh baked pies, pumpkins of every kind, and hay rides. I left with more pumpkins than I could carry and last night I FINALLY decorated one of 'em! One down, a million to go.

I got this idea from Pinterest and it was so easy I didn't think it warranted a full step-by-step post. So, instead, here's pumpkin-decorating in pictures. As you can see above, it all began with a pumpkin and a beer...as all good things do. :)


Step one, paint the whole dang thing black. Stem and all. My roommate got a little wild and did a green one as well. We just used cheap-o fabric paint for these but I'm sure anything would work. Spray paint would probably make this step go a bit faster, too.


And, finally, add your spiderweb. I did mine with a silver paint pen but a silver Sharpie would probably work just as well, too. This step would have been easier had my pumpkin had grooves but the dang thang was smooth as a baby's butt. So I improvised and eyeballed the vertical lines. Then I just connected them with diagonal lines to make a chevron pattern.

That's it...done! Easy peasy lemon squeeze-y. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment