Wednesday, September 19, 2012

top 10 fall activities

source: flickr
This Saturday marks the first official day of fall. In honor of the upcoming season, I've compiled my own personal fall to-do list. Use it as inspiration for your own autumn activities, if you like. I've already got a jump start with lots of fall baking (#2 and # 5). Now I need to man up and go for #6 and #7. Yikes!

1. Go apple picking. There are a ton of apple orchards in New England and I fully intend to take advantage of that this fall. I'm already brainstorming the perfect apple picking outfit. Geez, I am so weird!

2. Bake apple pie. (Check! Well, apple slab is close enough, right?)

3. Pick pumpkins. I need some pumpkins in my life. I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in years and I think it's high time I fix that. I'm craving some pretty pumpkins for my porch (whoa, alliteration!), some roasted pumpkin seeds, and #4 below.

source: imgfave
4. Carve jack o'lanterns. I always say I'll do this and then I don't get around to it. This is the year! My goal is to recreate the guy above. Love it!

5. Bake pumpkin things. (Check! See yesterday's autumn pumpkin bread with pecan streusel topping.) However, I also see some pumpkin cream cheese muffins and definitely a pumpkin dessert in my near future.

6. Go on a haunted hay ride. Be brave!

7. Watch scary movies. Again, be brave!

8. Make big batches o' hot apple cider and hot cocoa, simmered on the stove so the whole house smells good. Repeat.

source: real simple
9. Eat my weight in candy corns and and mellowcreme pumpkins. I used to despise these reject candies and now they are my greatest weakness. My taste buds have become so refined in my adult life, no? I may need to make some of the bark above ASAP.

10. Last but certainly not least, celebrate my birthday! Duh, you knew I had to sneak this one in there somewhere. Only a few short weeks until the celebrations commence...

So that's my fall to-do list for the upcoming months. I feel like I'm off to a good start already. I'll keep you posted as I tackle the rest of the list, though. And if anyone makes that candy corn bark, please send me some immediately!

1 comment:

  1. Is new pizza stone on you birthday list? Betty

    ReplyDelete