Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ribbon bulletin board

source: houzz
So, as with many of my craft project, this one began with Pinterest. With the image above to be exact. I love so many things about this picture...the yellow chair, the orange coat rack, those awesome Hunters. However, what really caught my eye was that amazing ribbon bulletin board. So, guess what? I made one of my very own! And guess what else? It was the easiest thing. Ever. You should make one, too.

You'll need:
  • a frame
  • primer, top coat, and spray paint in your choice of color
  • ribbon in your choice of color
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • binder clips

Here's the step by step:


Step One: Find a frame. Here's mine. You may remember this particular frame from earlier this spring when I went on a kelly green spray paint binge. I still love that color but it just doesn't work in my new place. Plus, that cork board has seen better days. So, time to spruce it up! I just knocked out the cork board before I started painting.


Step Two: Painting time. I coated my frame in two coats of primer, two coats of gold spray paint, and a top coat. Let dry.


Step Three: Hot glue lengths of ribbon haphazardly across the back of the frame, adding more and layering to your taste. Let dry.


Step Four: Use binder clips to attach papers/clippings/photos/etc to ribbon. I couldn't find any gold binder clips so I just bought silver ones and spray painted them with the same gold spray paint I used on the frame.


Voila! So pretty, right? It looks so much better on my desk than the old green monstrosity. What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment