Thursday, September 6, 2012

smoking loafers

source: nordstrom
My newest fashion obsession: smoking loafers. Have you heard of these? I'm sure you've seen them before. Think of any movie with a cliche guy in a robe or smoking jacket holding a cigar. Quick: what's on his feet? If you answered "smoking loafers," you are correct!

But, wait, smoking loafers are no longer just for old men with cigars. Oh no! The smoking loafer's time has finally come. I've been seeing smoking loafers everywhere lately. They're all over Pinterest, on the pages of my fashion magazines, and on the racks at every store. And, guess what? I want...nay, I NEED a pair. What can I say? I've been searching high and low for the perfect shoe to wear with my velvet robe whilst I smoke cigars. And, lo and behold, it has arrived!

I've collected some of my favorite smoking loafers here so that you, too, can get on the smoking loafer bandwagon.

source: pinterest
These are originally from Bloomingdales but they must be sold out at the moment. No wonder. I love the colors and pattern on these. They would be perfect paired with jeans and a warm sweater this fall. Love this casual version of the smoking loafer.
source: steve madden
This pair may be my favorite. They are currently sitting in my online shopping cart at Steve Madden. I'm a sucker for leopard print and these would go with everything. They could be dressed down with boyfriend jeans and a sweater or dressed up for work with a pair of dress pants, a pretty blouse, and a belted cardigan.
source: macy's
From a distance this pair almost looks beaded but that's actually embroidery. Love the tribal print and colors of these. Again, these would be perfect dressed down.

source: bloomingdale's
And, finally, the perfect dressy version of the smoking loafer. Black suede with a silver metal cap toe. I am in love with the cap toe on these. It's the perfect bonus to make these stand out at work. Love!

So, have I turned any one into a smoking loafer fanatic? Yes, I realize it's fairly similar to a basic loafer or flat, but I love that the shape is just slightly updated. Think I may have to reserve a spot on my shoe rack for those leopard Steve Madden's above. And I can guarantee that I will be busting them out for more than the occasional cigar! ;)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you keep us up on the latest fashion- even here in backwoods Kansas!! May have to invest in a pair of smoking loafers.. They do look comfy. Betty

    ReplyDelete