Friday, September 7, 2012

apple crisp, homework, and pumpkin coffees


Happy Friday people! We are officially a full week into September and I have accomplished exactly zero things on my Fall To Do list. None. Nada. I promise to do better. In fact, I already have some fall baking in the works for this weekend. I'll report back on that soon.

And now, without further adieu, my weekly random thoughts:

1. Check out that sunset above. I just want to start at that photo until forever. I got to soak in this view last Sunday during a picnic on the beach. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm a lucky girl!

2. I officially survived my first week back to school. Minor victory, but a victory none the less. I don't want to speak too soon, though. I assigned my lit students a bunch of feminist theory over the weekend so they are cursing my name riiiggghht aboouuttt NOW. Pray for me next Tuesday.

3. I don't know why, but this cracks me up. Every. Single. Time. And so does this. Oh, and this. Ermahgerd!


4. Look at my pizza stone. Just look at it. What happened to the poor guy? Well, I'm glad you asked. It cracked from the heat of the burner underneath my oven. My pizza stone that's made for the oven cracked from the heat of the oven. What?!? Needless to say, I am NOT pleased. I've had this danged pizza stone almost four years! (It was a gift from a college BF who knew the quickest way to my heart was through cooking supplies, bless his heart.) This pizza stone has been with me through thick and thin, from Kansas to the Baby State, and has seen me through more batches of scones than I care to admit. RIP Pizza Stone!

5. I'm reading Water for Elephants. Yes, I know I'm late to the party. Yes, I am aware that there's already a movie version. Yes, I have more important things to be reading. But I just don't care. I cannot put this book down!

6. Hey Midwesterners, Pumpkin Spiced Latte is back at Starbucks! Hey New Englanders, Pumpkin Iced Coffee and Apple Cider is back at Dunkin' Donuts! I have a Starbucks AND a Dunkin' within a two-mile radius of me. I am in pumpkin/apple heaven.

7. On a related note, I'm making this ASAP.


8. My roommate jumped on the fall baking bandwagon before me! She whipped up an Apple Crisp earlier this week and we have already dominated it. The poor thing didn't stand a chance. We're a pair of apple fiends in this house. Next up, my favorite Southern Comfort Apple Pie! Yay fall!

9. Speaking of the ol' roommate, she shared a little secret with me recently...codes for free movies at Redbox! Between the Apple Crisp and the Redbox codes, I think she's in the running for roommate of the year. You can also find the codes here. Now go have a movie night!

10. Oh, and while you're at it, don't forget to make some Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark for snacking. I'm sorry in advance. Looks like salty/sugary crack. Yummm.

Have a great weekend! I'll be living it up with a Saturday tutoring workshop because I'm a straight balla y'all. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment