Tuesday, September 25, 2012

hair do?


I've been growing my hair out. I spent a good deal of graduate school sporting the Victoria Beckham wedge bob. However, I am a fickle girl when it comes to hair and I finally got sick of the 'do. I just got bored of styling my hair the same way every day. I longed for the days of ponytails and braids and buns and curls.

So, for the past year and a half I've been singly focusing all my energy on growing my hair faster than ever. Okay, not really. But I did start taking prenatal vitamins to aid in hair growth and they seemed to help quite a bit. The added vitamins and nutrients really do make a huge difference. However, here's the downside to prenatal vitamins. They freak people out. Like, specifically guy people who I may start dating and who happen to see the bottle of vitamins and jump to conclusions that I am an Octomom wannabe. Or, they may also freak out mom people who might spy the bottle of vitamins and jump to equally disconcerting conclusions regarding me and said guy people.

The whole thing is just an awkward conversation waiting to happen.

So, I've been hearing a lot of good things recently about Biotin, a B vitamin said to help with hair growth, strengthen brittle nails, and even clear skin. Finally, an alternative to my awkward conversation inducing prenatal vitamins! My hair stylist originally suggested them and now I've been seeing them everywhere.

Biotin is available at most drug stores at a pretty reasonable price (read: cheaper than prenatal vitamins!). Thinking I might have to give Biotin a try. Has anyone else tried it out yet?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I actually use biotin...I notice a difference :-)
    Man

    ReplyDelete