Tuesday, November 20, 2012

thanksgiving dinner menu

source: pinterest
This year I'll be hosting my own little Thanksgiving dinner for my siblings and myself. This is the second annual sibling Thanksgiving and I have to say that I love our little tradition. No crazy relatives trying to kiss me. No long car rides. No awkward socializing with distant relations you may or may not know. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do wish I could spend the day with my entire family, but this alternate Thanksgiving? Well, it works. :)

As with all things in life, I hopelessly over think my Thanksgiving menu. I'm fairly certain my brother and sister would be happy with a can of jellied cranberry sauce and a spoon. Gag. Don't get me started on the horrors of canned cranberry sauce. That would evolve into a diatribe on other Thanksgiving foods that I know I should like, but I just don't...including but not limited to canned cranberry sauce, candied yams, and dressing. It's my dirty little secret.

Nevertheless, here's my Thanksgiving menu for this year, complete with links where applicable.

Appetizers:
Pecan Pimento Cheese Ball and Crackers
Hummus and Pita

Dinner:
Roast Turkey Breast with Maple Chipotle Butter
Cornbread Dressing (My attempt to find a dressing that I actually like. Cornbread makes everything better.)
Turkey Gravy
Candied Yams (My brother would throw a conniption fit if these weren't served every year.)
Canned Cranberry Sauce (Ugh.)
Rolls

Dessert:

What are you making for Thanksgiving this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment