Friday, November 9, 2012

down time



What a week. That's all I can say at this point. Between the election, countless meetings, student conferences, teaching, classes, and a wicked nor'easter that blew through mid-week, I am in desperate need of a day off. And that's precisely what I intend to do. Tonight's plan involves a big pot o' homemade soup, a fresh loaf of my favorite beer bread, some red wine, a good movie, and some QT. Sounds like the perfect quiet Friday night to me. :)

My week in a list:

1. I realized recently that there are now less than two weeks until Turkey Day. Naturally, like the freak that I am, I've already been at work creating the menu for the big day. Yes, I know I care more than anyone else who will be there that day. Yes, I realize that I make holidays way more complicated than need be. No, I'm not planning to change. That's just how I roll. Martha Stewart style like a boss.


2. I think I need to make this wreath. Looks totally doable right? I'll give it a go and report back. Although I have a slight fear that I would open my door every morning to masses of dirty squirrels and scary birds pecking at my festive decor. On second thought...

3. So my friend is currently attempted to convince me to do this. I must say, it sounds more than a little tempting, particularly in light of the recent New England weather. A hurricane and a nor'easter in one week? Yup, lead me to the closest cruise ship. Thankyouverymuch.

4. Lately, I've been craving cinnamon rolls like whoa. So, naturally, my mouth is watering over these and these and these. I may have a problem.

5. I'm thinking I need to incorporate more of these things into my life. Like #6. And #13. And definitely #29.

Have a great fall weekend. Hope you have some fun and relaxing plans. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment