Friday, December 21, 2012

holiday gift guide: for him

My creating a gift guide for men is slightly amusing to me. Chiefly because I struggle every Christmas and birthday to find the perfect gift for the men in my life, namely my little brother and my dad. However, over the years I've made a science of male gift buying. For my dad? Anything that will aid in grilling or smoking a piece of meat. In lieu of that, I go for San Francisco Giants paraphernalia. Done.

My brother, on the other hand, is a bit more challenging. I typically go for a guy essential such as the monogrammed glasses below or a nice heavy grill pan plus accessories. Outside of that, I go for clothes. My brother has very specific style opinions so it's always a (welcome) challenge to find something that he and I both approve of.

This gift guide lists some of my go-to guy gifts...plus a few more that I just couldn't resist. I mean, a plaid iPhone case? Just stop. And that Michael Kors watch and J.Crew satchel almost make me wish I were a dude. Almost.

monogrammed old-fashioned glasses :: Etsy $36
plaid phone case :: Jack Spade $40
leather billfold :: J.Crew $45
crewneck sweater :: J.Crew $80
iGrill :: Shopper's Choice $89
silver cuff links :: J.Crew $98
monogrammed grilling tools :: Williams-Sonoma $115
leather watch :: Michael Kors $225
aviator sunglasses :: Jack Spade $295 
leather satchel :: J.Crew $375 
If you still have some last minute shopping to do, good luck! I'll be back for a few extra holiday-themed weekend posts. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment