Saturday, February 1, 2014

the skinny on stitch fix

So I broke down and ordered my first Stitch Fix. Some of my peeps have been asking me about it and I thought it might be easier to just explain it all here. For those of you not in the know, Stitch Fix is a personal styling service done through the mail.

Here's the quick rundown: You fill out a survey about your style, budget, and sizes, pay a $20 styling fee, and they send you a hand-picked selection of five items. You have three days to try everything on, see what you like, and go through endless internal debates (or maybe that's just me). Keep what you like and send the rest back. The $20 styling fee is applied to whatever you keep and, if you keep all five items, you get 25% off everything.

When you refer others to the service, you can rack up credit towards your purchases. So if you decide you want to give it a try, here's the link.

Okay, we got that out of the way. So here are the goods!

Fate Elyse Striped Sheer Sleeveless Top I'm a sucker for white and navy stripes and I'll wear this with everything.

Sanctuary Rizzo Skinny Ponte Pants I didn't anticipate loving these, but these pants are my new wardrobe staple. They're like a cross between leggings and skinny jeans.

Sweet Rain Roger Asymmetrical Zipper Jacket I really loved this jacket, but it was just a little tight. Like a motorcycle jacket, but in a comfier fabric.

Collective Concepts Melandry Button-Up Tab-Sleeve Blouse Love the color of this one and the overall style, but it was a wee bit short on me. I must have a long torso?

41Hawthorn Walt Striped Skirt This skirt was the perfect fit and cut. At first, I thought this skirt was navy and kelly green, but it was actually black and green. I would have kept it, but I was scared off by the black and green combo.

I went back and forth debating several of these pieces. Ultimately, I decided to keep the navy and white  striped blouse and the black ponte pants. I would've kept the jacket and the blouse as well, had the fit been right and I'll always be sad that the skirt was black instead of navy. But, overall, I'd call this first box a success!

I'm trying to watch my spending so I didn't sign up for the monthly shipments (yet), but I'll definitely order again in two or three months. Again, here's the link if you're interested. Let me know if you try it. I'm nosy and want to know what you get!

3 comments:

  1. I got the Elyse top too. I didn't like it on me, but it is a nice top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Males having a skinny appearance do not in most cases get much consideration from the crowd.naked url too

    ReplyDelete
  3. For many people trying to gain weight some may encounter being skinny-fat whereby you're body is still thin but with a layer of fat covering those abs. naked url too

    ReplyDelete